EPC is a leading health & beauty manufacturer based in Clara, Co. Offaly, Ireland, and we are recruiting (due to continued expansion and major investment in the business) a Cosmetic Formulator to support the growth of expertise in health & beauty formulation science.
The Cosmetic Formulator is responsible for new product/process development and improvements with direct responsibility for some projects. EPC is a leading cosmetics manufacturer based in Clara, Co. Offaly, Ireland and we are recruiting (due to continued expansion and major investment in the business) an R&D Cosmetic Formulator to support the growth of expertise in health & beauty formulation science.
Our Formulators are responsible for taking product briefs from concept through to completion, working closely with the relevant teams associated with those projects. It’s important that you have a methodical and organised approach, meticulous attention to detail, be collaborative, and have strong interpersonal skills, plus the ability to communicate effectively with staff in both scientific and non-scientific positions and in when required, our customers.
- On time delivery of NPD projects.
- Contribute to concept development for brands.
- Grow companies’ formulation science and expertise within the business.
- Ensure delivery of robust, cost-effective formulations to fit quality, performance and launch expectations of the business.
- Manage project milestones, identify risks, and implement contingency plans.
- Gain greater understanding of test methods, processing conditions and apply learning to enhance formulation behaviour, product performance and success in development.
- Actively contribute to bringing best practice into the team to enhance its development and implement learning.
- Examine and integrate external vendors or source outside NPD that will help enhance the team and or technology development.
- Proven track record of developing health & beauty formulations from first principles.
- Proficient in principles of statistical analysis, cosmetics chemistry, product processing, and problem solving.
- Identifies opportunities and exhibits high energy and willingness to be involved.
- Develops contingency plans.
- Able to prepare specifications, label declarations and formulations with no technical errors.
- Understanding of ISO 22716 GMP
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly.
- Communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
Required Education and Experience
- S. in Chemistry, Biology or Cosmetics Science
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in product development of health & beauty products.